Motor Learning and Performance Specialist
This course does more than simply present the latest research. Instead, it challenges students not only to grasp but also to apply the fundamental concepts of motor performance and learning to a variety of real-world settings, including teaching, coaching, the design of performer-friendly equipment and work environments, rehabilitation, and everyday motor skill learning.
The course text is complemented by an online student study guide with lab activities and a wide range of instructor resources, including an expanded instructor guide, test bank, and PowerPoint presentation package—all available online through a
convenient product-specific Web site.
|Distance Learning (24 CEU's) $499
Course Learning Objectives
Course Learning Outcomes
- Learn the fundamentals of motor performance.
- Learn to apply concepts of motor performance and learning via a unique situation-based application process.
- Learn the motor learning process by situation based exercises and case studies.
- Learn how to ask appropriate questions, identify solutions and understand the process.
- Develop a conceptual model of human performance.
- Apply the concepts of motor learning and performance an actual real-life settings.
- Apply the motor performance techniques in the practical teaching and coaching environment.
- Design performance-friendly work environments, rehabilitation and everyday motor skill learning (not just athletic endeavor).
- Master the situation based exercise provided in the text.
- Understand Motor Skill and Performance.
- Understand how we process information and make decisions.
- Understand Sensory Contribution to skilled Performance.
- Understand Movement production and motor programs.
- Understand the principles of Motor Control and Movement Accuracy.
- Understand individual differences and motor abilities.
- Understand principles of skill learning.
- Understand “Supplementing the Learning Experience.”
- Understand “Structuring the Learning Experience.”
- Understand how to provide feedback during the Learning Experience.
- Understand how to facilitate the Learning Experience.
- Develop a working strategy for providing instructional assistance.
The IFPA Motor Learning and Performance Specialist Certification is an excellent entry into the movement sciences. You will learn to improve your problem solving ability by task factors that affect growth and motor development. The text illustrates a wide range of motor skills in humans ranging in age from infants to adults. It will help students meet the minimum competencies identified by AAHPERD's Motor Development Academy as they prepare for the Praxis exam
- Motor Learning & Performance: A Situation Based Learning Approach (Fourth Edition) textbook
- 100 question (multiple-choice) certification exam.
Purchase 2 or more certifications at the same time and receive a $100 discount off each additional certification program. Cannot be combined with other discounts.