Senior Fitness Specialist Certification
The IFPA Senior Fitness Specialist Instructor Certification is designed to teach the essentials foundation for teaching senior fitness classes.
This revolutionary program provides the training techniques and safety guidelines that can be applied to all senior fitness training programs.
Successful students are expected to be capable of leading senior adult individuals and group-training sessions while providing safe and effective
training consultation, coaching and motivation.
After completion of this course you will have the knowledge necessary to call yourself a Senior Fitness Specialist and you will be able to teach
people how to reach new levels of fitness and to maintain that fitness. There will be opportunities to work with older people in their homes, at a
community center, retirement community, or gym. The focus of this course will be to develop a long-term plan to insure a high level of function and
independence for your clients for many years to come.
|Distance Learning (24 hrs CEU) $479|
Course Learning Objectives|
Course Learning Outcomes
- Learn and understand the special needs of older adults.
- Learn to train the over 70 million adults over the age of 50 safely and effectively.
- Learn the new research that indicates regular exercise is essential to improving and maintaining the quality of one’s life.
- Learn the essential information fitness professionals need to know to provide older adults with safe and effective fitness programs from the physiology of aging to the techniques and tools for motivating and communicating with older adults.
- Learn the precise knowledge, skills and abilities needed by Personal Trainers, activities directors, health educators and fitness facility managers.
- Learn the physiology of Aging.
- Learn the restrictions to exercise due to aging.
- Understand the older adult (50+).
- Learn how to motivate the older adult.
- Learn how to communicate with the older adult.
- Learn the common health challenges facing the older adult.
- Learn the Pre-Exercise Screening Protocols for the older adult.
- Learn the Fitness Assessment protocols for the older adult.
- Learn the Exercise Techniques for the older adult.
- Learn the Exercise Programming Protocols for the older adult.
- Learn your role as a leader in the older adult fitness campaign.
The Senior Fitness Specialist
Certification contains all the guidelines & knowledge necessary to train seniors who are generally living independently.
- Physical Dimensions of Aging textbook
- Study guide
- 100 question (multiple-choice) certification exam.
IFPA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
Purchase 2 or more certifications
at the same time and receive a $100 discount off each additional certification program. Cannot be combined with other discounts.