Performance Stretching CEC (8 credits)
This course is designed to further the knowledge of all fitness professionals with an emphasis on different stretching techniques.
Its sole purpose is to further your professional education in performance stretching. This is not a certification course.
It is an educational program to be used by all fitness professionals striving to raise their level of
The Performance Stretching continuing education course will help you, the trainer/instructor, to safely and effectively guide
your clients on a flexibility program. The course includes material on stretching to improve performance in different sporting activities.
Flexibility is one of several important components of physical fitness and successful performance in discipline ranging from archery
to volleyball to martial arts to football. Athletes, coaches, personal trainers, physical therapists and physicians should take advantage
of every opportunity to develop optimal flexibility.
Distance Learning (8 CEU's) $179
CEC Learning Objectives
CEC Learning Outcomes
- Learn to improve your clients’ flexibility to help them achieve their athletic potential.
- Master the 41 different Sports Stretch programs for 41 different sports.
- Master the 311 stretches illustrated in the text.
- Master the 12 most effective stretching exercises for each sport.
- Learn the safe and effective guidelines for each exercise and program.
- Understand the role of sports stretch programming for optimizing your athletes’ athletic performance.
- Understand the role of sports stretch programming for the warm-up and cooling down periods.
- Understand the role of the special “All-Star” stretches: the single most effective stretch for each of the 21 different muscle groups.
- Understand how to customize flexibility programs for each individual.
- Understand how to customize flexibility programs for each of your athletes’ specific sports.
- Develop a clear understanding of flexibility: benefits, body response, how, what why of the physiology of stretching,
what causes muscle soreness, injury management, etc.
- Master teaching and executing the 12 “All Star Stretches”.
- Master teaching and executing the 28 “Maximal Isolation All-Stars”.
- Become proficient at the 41 sport-specific stretching routines for 41 different sports.
- Become proficient at teaching and executing the 311 stretches illustrated in the text.
Whether your client is a dancer, pitcher, swimmer or high jumper, you can improve their flexibility safely and
effectively using these programs. With over 300 stretching exercises, this course provides a very comprehensive
selection of sport specific stretches. This is an excellent refresher course for the Advanced Flexibility Specialist Certification.
- Sport Stretch textbook
- Course Outline
- 100 question multiple-choice Continuing Education Exam.