This course is currently closed
The Advanced Group Fitness Instructor Certification provides trainers with the knowledge, skills and abilities to lead dynamic group exercises classes safely and effectively!
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the evolution of group exercise
- Learn the foundational components of class design
- Learn traditional, basic and advanced choreography
- Learn motivational strategies for group exercise
- Learn how to use class evaluation forms
- Know the business basics of group exercise
- Know how to create group cohesion
- Know the principles of muscular balance
- Know the different cueing methods in group exercise
- Know the alternative modalities in group exercise
- Understand the social aspects of group exercise
- Understand how to create an emotionally healthy environment
- Understand how to balance strength and flexibility
- Understand how to design an effective warm-up and cool-down
- Understand the 7 class formats for: kickboxing, step training, stationary indoor cycling, sport conditioning and boot camp, water exercise, yoga, and Pilates.
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- Online Resources
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) Certification Exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- Group Fitness Instructor Certified
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.