Fit for Duty
Printed book: $475 (US shipping only. For international shipping please contact us.)
When you are part of a Military Unit or a Military type unit i.e. Police, Firefighter, Emergency Medical Technician, etc. – YOU HAVE GIVEN UP THE RIGHT TO BE UN-FIT!!! All of these professions have membership in the “Warrior Class” and as such, you must be prepared for a critical situation at anytime. Your calling requires you to have a far superior fitness level than a typical civilian. There are no time-outs, or halftime breaks. Therefore, it is critical you have the required knowledge, skills and abilities to train effectively in order to achieve optimal performance.
All Warriors must take their physical fitness programming seriously. Initially, aiming for “Physically Fit” will be adequate, but for those “On-the-Line” that may be suddenly thrust into a combat situation, a violent fight with a criminal or a life and death struggle with a raging apartment fire, you must eventually set a goal much higher. You should strive for “Athletic Development”!! Your client’s athletic skills may be needed to defend their life, their team’s life or their country. Since they may never know when the critical moment may come, they MUST ALWAYS BE READY and ALWAYS maintain the highest levels of fitness. The IFPA Fit For Duty Certification allows you to prepare your military, police and firefighter clients for their demanding careers
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learn how to listen to your clients, assess their interests and prescribe exercises that work for them
- Learn how to perform activity counseling, client motivation and follow the step-by-step prescription models.
- Learn how to assess and treat muscle balance/imbalance, in order to facilitate fitness professional’s ability to make informed, client-centered decisions.
- Learn how to establish support and increase adherence by prescribing exercise programs that match client’s unique desires, needs and lifestyles.
- Learn to determine client’s unique physiological needs and use that information to keep them motivated and on track.
- Know how to monitor your client’s needs as they are originally presented and as they evolve over time.
- Know how to apply strategies for treating and preventing overuse injuries so that clients avoid injury.
- Know the practical application of exercise prescriptions in “real world” “real life” situations.
- Know the knowledge, skills and abilities to helping clients adapt, enjoy and maintain an active lifestyle
- Know the principles of client-centered motivation
- Understand the foundations of client-centered exercise prescription
- Understand how to establish a rapport, gather information and work with stages of change
- Understand the concepts of exercise analysis, design and demonstration
- Understand cardiovascular assessment, body composition assessment and musculoskeletal assessment
- Understand how to prevent injury and treat injuries
CERTIFICATION PACKAGE CONTENTS
- Study Guide
- Online Video Resource
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.