Dr. Bell goes live on December 16, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Exercise during pregnancy reduces constipation, bloating, swelling, and backaches. When using the correct Frequency, Intensity, Time, and Type (FITT Principle) exercise will also prepare your clients for their delivery and aid them in a faster recovery.
Women need to prepare for pregnancy/delivery with the same diligence needed to prepare for any demanding/competitive athletic event.
Dr. Bell will dive into the following topics during this two-hour live FitSpot:
- Prenatal Fitness: how to prepare for pregnancy.
- Safety Always: Dr’s clearance before starting any program while pregnant.
- Breaking it down by Trimester: guidance for Trimester 1, 2, 3
- Pelvic Floor conditioning, diaphragm, erector spinae, multifidus and transverse abdominus
- Nutritional Needs
- Special Considerations: swelling, dizziness, back pain, cramping, and heat illness
- The fourth trimester (12 weeks following delivery)
Successful completion of the "Pre and Post Natal Fitness" FitSpot, will grant trainers two Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Upon purchase, the link to the live December 16, 2023, event can be found in your library under your IFPA Account. After the live event, the recording will be uploaded to your library.