The Advanced Group Fitness Instructor Certification provides trainers with the knowledge, skills and abilities to lead dynamic group exercises classes safely and effectively!
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the evolution of group exercise
- Learn the foundational components of class design
- Learn traditional, basic and advanced choreography
- Learn motivational strategies for group exercise
- Learn how to use class evaluation forms
- Know the business basics of group exercise
- Know how to create group cohesion
- Know the principles of muscular balance
- Know the different cueing methods in group exercise
- Know the alternative modalities in group exercise
- Understand the social aspects of group exercise
- Understand how to create an emotionally healthy environment
- Understand how to balance strength and flexibility
- Understand how to design an effective warm-up and cool-down
- Understand the 7 class formats for: kickboxing, step training, stationary indoor cycling, sport conditioning and boot camp, water exercise, yoga, and Pilates.
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- Online Resources
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) Certification Exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- Group Fitness Instructor Certified
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.