The Dance Kinesiology Specialist, contains flexibility and strength exercises for Dance, in order to enhance technique, prevent injury and refine body alignment.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn muscle and skeletal considerations in Whole Body Movement
- Learn the types of muscle tissue and contractions
- Learn the special considerations for the Spine, Hips, Knees, Ankle, Foot and Upper Extremity in Dance.
- Learn the description and function of individuals muscles of the Spine, Hips, Knees, Ankle, Foot and Upper Extremity
- Learn the ideal Spine, Hips, Knees, Ankle, Foot and Upper Extremity alignment
Course Learning Outcomes
- Know body orientation terminology
- Know the joint movement terminology
- Know the muscle names and actions
- Know the Anatomical Movement Analysis of Whole-Body Movement
- Know other methods for movement analysis
- Understand the selected strength exercises for the Spine, Hips, Knees, Ankle, Foot and Upper Extremity.
- Understand the selected stretches for the Spine, Hips, Knees, Ankle, Foot and Upper Extremity
- Understand the Dance Cues
- Understand the different Spine, Hips, Knees, Ankle, Foot and Upper Extremity Injuries in Dancers
- Understand the Optimal Performance Models
Certification Package Contents
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.