Successful students are expected to be capable of understanding the role that the core plays in all movements and thorough knowledge of how to assess, plan, and implement a functionally specific training program for both lifestyle improvement, as well as sport and athletic performance. The Functional Trainer Specialist program will also teach appropriate progressions for both short and long term improvement. Each trainer will have the knowledge to successfully design functionally specific programs with appropriate exercises and progressions.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn techniques for optimum athletic development
- Learn the connection between mind and movement in athletic movement.
- Learn how to conduct progress evaluation
- Learn to identify and correct limiting factors in athletic performance
- Learn how to create ideal, safe, efficient and effective program design to achieve sports conditioning and sports performance goals
- Know how to identify weak links in athletic movement
- Know how to conduct mobility and stability testing
- Know how to conduct balance and core training
- Know how to conduct strength and endurance testing
- Know how to conduct strength and endurance exercises
- Understand how to analyze movement
- Understand how to develop resistance to injury
- Under how develop power, speed and agility testing and training
- Understand how to develop performance programs for rotation, swinging, throwing, striking, jumping, kicking, cutting and turning
- Understand how to maintain what you gain and build on your improvements
Certification Package Contents
- 2 Textbooks
- Study Guide
- Online Resources
- 200 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.