The Kinetic Anatomy Specialist provides a firm concept of musculoskeletal anatomy by systematically assembling each component of the human body. Layer by layer, trainers will study bones, ligaments, joints, and muscles on the bones, as well as the nerves and blood vessels that supply these muscles that are essential for movement. This certification also offers valuable information regarding joint strength and movement and the function of the muscle (agonists, antagonists, stabilizers, and synergists), levers, exercise supports and understanding of how the human body is constructed. Trainers will also discover New Functional Movement Exercises for practical application and will quickly be able to identify the prime mover, antagonist, fixator, and synergist muscle in a particular movement. Overall the Kinetic Anatomy Specialist is a fantastic choice for trainers wanting to study structural anatomy and how it affects movement.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the fundamentals of structural anatomy
- Learn how bones are connected together to make articulations
- Learn how muscles are positioned on bones
- Learn how bones move when the muscle contracts
- Learn how the skeletal-muscular system affects all movement in the human body
- Know the “IFPA Essentials” and interrelationships of joint articulation and muscle actions
- Know the concepts of anatomy relating to: bones, joints, muscles, nerves, blood vessels, motor units and connective tissues
- Know the relationship between anatomy, physical activity and human movement including: anatomical locations, planes, axes and fundamental movement
- Know the three major structures that are essential to human movement that are often neglected in studies of kinetic anatomy
- Know how to identify anatomical structures on yourself and your clients
- Understand the general concepts of anatomy
- Understand the fundamental movements and muscles of the upper extremities
- Understand the fundamental movements and muscles of the head, spinal column, thorax and pelvis
- Understand the fundamental movements and muscles of the lower extremities
- Understand how the human body is constructed
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.