Once you have identified the personality, temperament, character and intelligence qualities of your client, you will use the information, knowledge and skills you learn in this course to effectively communicate in the words, thoughts and deeds that the client understands. This enables you to reach more people, quicker and with far greater efficiency.
Now comes the major benefit: once you have established the greater level of rapport with your client, resulting from the efficiency of your communication, you can now experience far greater success at motivation! Motivation to begin the fitness lifestyle and just as important, motivation to continue the fitness lifestyle.
You will learn that the sixteen different personalities think differently, communicate differently and are motivated by far different things. Obviously, you already know that what motivates a Bill Gates is different that what motivates a Mother Teresa, but in the course you will learn the intricacies of the different personalities.
The Lifestyle Fitness Coach Level II offers you not only valuable wisdom, but equally as valuable, you will learn how the temperaments differ in the intelligent roles they develop – tactical, logical, diplomatic and strategic. As stated in the text: “We all, according to our temperament, have our areas of distinction and our areas of struggle.
Both deserve to be respected for what they are. So it is with temperament: different temperaments naturally show us different patterns of intelligent behavior. We must not judge either ourselves or others harshly when our (or their) values, preferences and style, or experiencing and dealing with the world, are different. There is room for us all and a need for us all.”
This information is used to develop the most effective program of communication, motivation and lifestyle. Putting this information together with what you learned in the IFPA Level One Course will put you on the path to becoming a Master Lifestyle Fitness Coach.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn to identify the different personality types
- Learn to identify which type of temperament an individual has
- Learn the similarities and differences between temperaments
- Learn how to tailor your communication, motivation and influence specific to the personality type of you client
- Learn to accept your clients’ personality and temperament type without judgment, harshness or criticism when their values, preferences, style of experiencing and dealing with the world are different than yours
- Know the characteristics of the 16 personality type combinations
- Know the basic dimensions of personality
- Know the power of questioning
- Know the communication style, intellect and interest of each group
- Know the temperament, character and personality of each group
- Understand the “Keirsey Temperament Sorter II.”
- Understand the findings of Isabel Myers.
- Understand the findings of Myers’ Four Groups
- Understand the values of each personality type
- Understand the motivation and communication of each personality type
Certification Package Contents
- 200 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- Lifestyle Fitness Coach Level I
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.