The Lifestyle Fitness Coach: Recreation & Leisure Specialist presents the different types of programming found in recreation and leisure services, including recreational sports; fitness, health, and wellness; outdoor and adventure recreation; and arts and culture. This certification presents historical, philosophical, and social aspects of the industry; offers fresh insights on community parks and recreation departments, youth and nonprofit agencies, commercial recreation, and tourism enterprises and describes how recreation provides fun, enriching, and educational programs and services for people of all ages.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the definitions of play, recreation, leisure and flow
- Learn the values and benefits of parks, recreation and leisure
- Learn the trends in parks, recreation and leisure activities
- Learn the development of recreation in the United States and Canada
- Learn why philosophy matters
- Know Plato’s philosophy of leisure
- Know the similarity and diversity in recreation and leisure
- Know the benefits and constraints of leisure
- Know the good and the bad to leisure and recreation
- Know the multifaceted delivery system of leisure and recreation
- Understand the historical overview of public recreation in the United States and Canada
- Understand leisure and recreation across the lifespan
- Understand how leisure and recreation affect individuals in society
- Understand leisure as a complex social phenomenon
- Understand the challenges and trends for the 21st century
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- Web Resources
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.