Are you wondering how to become a personal trainer? If you are new to personal training, this course will present the basic knowledge and principles necessary to create effective training programs. If you are an experienced personal trainer, this course reviews and summarizes basic, unchanging principles. Regular review of these principles makes it easier to incorporate new information with you experiences. These principles guide the professional personal trainer designing a program to meet an individual’s needs.
Subject areas include:
- Basic muscle physiology
- Energy metabolism
- Exercise physiology training principles
- Strength and aerobic conditioning
- Safety guidelines
- Sports training
- Exercise testing
- Body composition analysis
- Safety, anatomy, and exercise
- Complete program design and development
- Nutritional considerations for the personal trainer
- Psychology, motivation, ethics, and success
- Business of fitness: marketing/law/finance
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the precise knowledge, skills and abilities you will need to know in order to train people safely and effectively.
- Develop a clear comprehension of the Seven Phases of the Personal Training process with sufficient proficiency to train clients with no medical restrictions to exercise.
- Develop a working knowledge of all “12 IFPA Components of Fitness” and their relationship with the “7 Phases of Personal Training.”
- Master all IFPA Safety Guidelines, Risk Factors and Warning Signs for health and medical risks.
- Develop a high level of competency in all primary exercise techniques and biomechanics, spotting and teaching exercise techniques.
- Show sufficient proficiency with the required Personal Fitness Trainer knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully pass the IFPA Certification Exam.
- Utilize the IFPA Personal Fitness Trainer System to successfully train clients who have no medical restrictions to exercise.
- Utilize the IFPA Personal Fitness Trainer System to effectively progress your client’s fitness, health and athletic needs.
- Utilize and promote all IFPA Guidelines to ensure the highest degree of safety for all your clients during every training system.
- Utilize the IFPA Personal Trainer System to build a highly safe, effective, successful and profitable Personal Training Business.
- Read, study and learn all the knowledge, skills and abilities provided in the IFPA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Course.
- Pass the IFPA Certification Exam
- Use all the knowledge provided by the IFPA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Course to build a successful Personal Fitness Training Business.
- Always remember: All the knowledge, skills and abilities provided by the IFPA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Course were developed by the world’s foremost “Subject Matter Experts” (SMEs). These Subject Matter Experts developed the most extensive Job Analysis Survey (JAS) ever conducted in the fitness industry. The Job Analysis Survey was used as a framework to develop the IFPA Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Course. All the knowledge in this course is essential for you to learn and know in order to conduct safe and effective training sessions.
- You must learn the material and use it on all your clients. Continuous review is required to make sure that you stay on course and so not forget critical knowledge. DO NOT TAKE SHORT-CUTS! DO IT RIGHT!
Certification Package Contents
- Certification Exam (multiple choice, proctored)
- Study Guide
- Free admission to 2-day workshop (when available)
- Personal Trainer Workshop via Vimeo Link
- 2 Practice Exams (100 questions)
- Free Retest
- 2 Volume PT Workbook Set
- Weight Training Book
- CPR/First Aid Certified (You can order this package without currently being CPR/First Aid Certified. However, you must obtain a CPR/First Aid credential before taking the Personal Trainer Certification Exam.)