The Program Design Specialist focuses on biomechanical variations of exercise and ways to manipulate training systems to efficiently train individuals at all levels of fitness. This certification expands upon the exercise, safety, and anatomy principles introduced in the Personal Trainer Certification. Successful students are expected to be capable of creating a wide range of advanced exercise programs that utilize a variety of exercises for all major groups and for the most important secondary muscle groups.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the basic principles of resistance training
- Learn the basic principles of exercise prescription
- Learn the different types of strength training: Isometric, Isokinetic, Eccentric, Dynamic, Variable, etc.
- Learn the physiological adaptations to resistance training
- Learn the basics of cardiorespiratory training
- Know how to train for flexibility
- Know how to develop training systems and techniques
- Know advanced training strategies
- Know types of detraining
- Know the affect of muscle action type
- Understand the physiological and performance differences between sexes
- Understand how to develop a resistance training program for women
- Understand how to develop a resistance training program for children
- Understand how to develop a resistance training program for seniors
- Understand how to develop individualized training programs for both serious athletes and fitness enthusiast
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.