Continuing Education Units: 6 Credits
If you are a Personal Trainer who loves hockey then do what you love. Make money from your passion. Use the expertise contained only in the IFPA Hockey Conditioning Specialist to increase your income. The information offered in the Sports Conditioning Specialist: Hockey Continuing Education Course is meant for young and old, rookie and veteran, and both recreational and professional athletes. This course will give you all of these valuable tools and more including: safe & effective conditioning program design, how to optimize athletic abilities, improve sport performance and reduce injuries. The Ultimate goal, of course, is to help players achieve their greatest level of potential while remaining injury free and healthy.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn and understand how to execute safe, effective and Hockey specific Sports Conditioning programs for all levels of Hockey Players: beginner through advanced. Understand all Hockey sport performance factors to boost performance
- Learn to utilize the precise components of fitness required to make your Hockey player bigger, faster and stronger than ever before
- Learn the comprehensive Hockey specific Sports Conditioning programs to build your players physical abilities as well as the Hockey specific skills required for skating, puck handling, passing, shooting and body checking
- Learn and utilize the assessment test for determining your players’ fitness status
- Learn and utilize Hockey specific Sports Conditioning programs specifically designed to optimize balance, quickness, agility, speed and strength
- Know the specific Sports Conditioning Hockey programs
- Know the Hockey specific Dynamic Warm-Up.
- Know the Hockey specific Pre-Season programs
- Know the Hockey specific In-Season programs
- Know the Hockey specific Post-Season programs
- Understand and utilize the Hockey specific Fitness Tests
- Understand and utilize the Hockey specific 11 Strength and Power Drills
- Understand and utilize the Hockey specific 13 Agility, Reaction and Balance Drills
- Understand and utilize the Hockey specific 17 Quickness and Speed Drills
- Understand and utilize the Hockey specific Optimal Workout for each position
- Study Guide
- 25 question (multiple choice, open book) CEU Exam
- Practical Essay (open book) CEU Exam
- It is highly recommended to facilitate effective program design to incorporate the Sports Conditioning Specialist prior to the specialty sports, however it is not required.
- CPR/First Aid Certified