The bottom line is – you are only as strong as your weakest link. Today, your client’s weakest link is most likely their core strength. How many clients have you had ranging from high level athletes to recreational individuals just trying to lose weight and improve their appearance, complain to you at some point of experiencing back pain, abdominal pain, or hip flexor/groin pain?
This stability ball training certification really focuses on the concept of “whole body strength training.” Focusing an exercise program on just the arm and legs and neglecting the core is a recipe for a serious injury just waiting to happen. Putting the importance of Core Training aside, there are many aspects of Stability Ball training and Medicine Ball training that you as a personal trainer will find very appealing. The first being, regardless of what fitness level your client is; from a professional athlete to an individual that has just stepped foot in the gym for the first time in their life, each exercise has a starting point and progresses to more advanced movements. So no matter who you are training, we have exercises for every level, from beginner to extremely advanced.
Another attractive feature of Strength Ball Training is both medicine balls and stability balls are portable training devices that can be taken anywhere. Do you have a trip and want to work out in your hotel room? Or, want to train your client outside on a nice day? What about training on a field, court or rink? All of these scenarios are possible with this equipment.
Our Strength Ball Training Certification provides hundreds of different exercises, allowing you to put together a total body workout for your clients. Each exercise is shown with progressions, so you will never hear your clients say “that was easy.” These exercises are fun and challenging, the best of both worlds for any trainer. A DVD is included for the more difficult exercises, so you can ensure you are training your clients with proper form and technique. This certification will provide you will the knowledge and skills to provide your clients with a great workout!
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the concept of functional training and how it applies to core training
- Learn the biomechanics of movement
- Learn the benefits of training with a ball and other unstable surfaces
- Learn how complete a proper warm-up and cool-down
- Learn how to complete a functional strength workout
- Know how to safely and effectively train your client’s Chest with stability ball exercises and medicine ball exercises
- Know how to safely and effectively train your client’s Shoulders and Upper Back with stability ball exercises and medicine ball exercises
- Know how to safely and effectively train your client’s Biceps, Triceps, and Forearms with stability ball exercises and medicine ball exercises
- Know how to safely and effectively train your client’s Abs, Lower Back and Glutes with stability ball exercises and medicine ball exercises
- Know how to safely and effectively train your client’s Legs and Hips with stability ball exercises and medicine ball exercises
- Understand how to take your client through a Sports Conditioning workout utilizing Stability Balls and Medicine Balls
- Understand how to use a Stability Balls and Medicine Balls for rehabilitation
- Understand how to train young athletes using Stability Balls and Medicine Balls
- Understand how to use a Stability Ball and Medicine Balls to increase your client’s flexibility
- Understand how to develop your client’s strength, power, agility, balance, coordination and core stability using the medicine ball and stability ball exercises
Certification Package Contents
- Online Video Resource
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.