Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese philosophy that is thousands of years old. It is a Chinese martial art form that is practiced today by millions of people worldwide. Tai Chi is a low impact activity on the body, which allows for students of almost any age and condition to take advantage of these mind and body exercises. Tai Chi is used to reduce pain, prevent injuries and illness while improving overall physical and mental health. The Tai Chi Instructor Certification includes full mind/body workouts presented both sitting and standing for the different experience levels, offering detailed theory and explanation for each movement. This Tai Chi Instructor certification includes restorative poses, purifying movements, meditations, stances and drills. Everything you need to achieve the ultimate goal of Tai Chi: the harmonizing of the three forces – human, earth and heaven
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the benefits of performing Tai Chi.
- Learn the history of Tai Chi
- Learn the three levels of relaxation
- Learn the theory and action of the five building blocks in Tai Chi
- Learn the three Spheres of Tai Chi
- Know the different breathing exercises in Tai Chi
- Know the different centers of energy in the body
- Know how to perform the different stretches
- Know how to perform sunset mediation
- Know how to perform the different Tai Chi Movements
- Understand the concept of the mind, the body, and the spirit.
- Understand how to perform Tai Chi for relaxation.
- Understand how to refine your breathing.
- Understand the overall concepts of the Tai Chi mind/body program.
- Understand how to safely and effectively teach Tai Chi and incorporate into your client’s exercise programs.
Certification Package Contents
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.