All fitness-training programs ranging from general weight loss to highly competitive and rigorous athletics must be supplemented with a well-designed nutrition program. When you understand the basics behind nutrition, you are able to take the first steps to maximizing your training results and goal achievement success. The Book on Sports Nutrition builds off of this practical knowledge and applies it to a wide variety of fitness training goals. You learn exactly how to adjust your dietary intake to meet the nutritional needs of a beginner or fuel the advanced athlete to reach peak performance!
Subject areas include:
- Set dietary guidelines based on individual activities and goals
- Create and attain realistic fitness goals
- Effectively read food and supplement labels
- Realize pitfalls of fad diets
- Balance the body’s fuel sources
- Choose the right dietary supplements
- The Book on Group Fitness
- James Bell, Ph.D.
- Karl Dauphinais, M.D.
- Renee Kapsner, RD, M.S.