Our Yoga Instructor Certification provides simple yet comprehensive cues that teachers can use to bring students into proper alignment and deeper mental focus, and detailed instructions on making safe hands-on adjustments and modifications for students. This Yoga Instructor Certification presents ways to structure a class with flexible teaching plans in a variety of settings, such as schools, community centers, fitness clubs, and wellness centers.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the qualities and knowledge Yoga Instructors need in order to be competent and effective teachers
- Learn the industry standards for Yoga Instructors in accordance with the Yoga Alliance and its national Yoga Teachers’ Registry
- Learn the verbal and visual cues to use in teaching each posture
- Learn specific hands-on adjustments to help students achieve each posture
- Learn modifications for each posture and effective ways to work with different abilities in the same class
- Know how to prepare your own class outlines, lesson plans and syllabus from the samples provided in the text
- Know how to structure classes in a variety of school and community settings
- Know how to identify body-segment kinematics and muscles used in individual postures
- Know the progressions for each position
- Learn from the course DVD how to do hands on adjustments so you can help your students perfect their postures
- Understand the different types of yoga
- Understand how to create the proper class environment, safety, comfort, atmosphere and other concerns
- Understand the proper yoga breathing techniques
- Understand the yoga postures, major body systems, energy anatomy, human movement systems, mechanics of asanas, and adjustment guidelines
- Understand the yoga class framework, class outlines, lesson plans and class descriptions
Certification Package Contents
- Study Guide
- Web Resources
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.