This certification was designed with a comprehensive look into health and fitness for sport and exercise on behalf of youth athletes with disabilities. The Adapted Physical Educations and Sport Conditioning Specialist will give trainers the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to develop sports specific exercise prescriptions and programs for individuals through the age of 21 with disabilities. Physical Education and Sport Conditioning Specialist.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learn the brief history of adapted physical education
- Learn how to plan, with set goals and objectives to achieve the necessary outcomes
- Learn the testing instruments used in adapted physical education
- Learn the components of IEP
- Learn the future direction of enhancing sport performance in adapted physical education.
- Know program and curriculum planning for adapted physical education
- Know the role of physical educator in adapted sport
- Know the types of reinforcement
- Know the characteristics of people with different disabilities and behavioral disorders
- Know how to train these athletes in team, individual, dual, adventure, and winter sports and activities.
- Understand the meaning of adapted physical education
- Understand testing and assessment used in adapted physical education
- Understand the procedures for both increasing and decreasing behavior
- Understand how to meet individual differences with different teaching styles, formats, discrete trial teaching, instructional models and task analysis
- Understand how to train students with disorders and disabilities in different ages from infants, early childhood, and teens until the age of 21.
CERTIFICATION PACKAGE CONTENTS
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.