Effective Date: January 1st, 2023
Thank you for visiting the International Fitness Professionals Association ("IFPA") website (the "Site"), downloading the Kajabi App from Apple or Google app stores, or using any of the online services from IFPA including, but not limited to, e-Books and other course materials.
IFPA is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the IFPA Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the IFPA website, you consent to the data practices described in this Statement.
What are cookies?
- Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser on a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
- Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
- When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
- We use variations of both session and persistent cookies on the Site and Service and we use different types of cookies to assist in running the Service.
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Users who do not wish to have cookies placed on their computer should disable cookies through their web browser settings, with the understanding that disabling cookies may diminish a user’s experience on the Site and that certain features of the site may not function properly without the aid of cookies. Cookies are not harmful and cannot introduce viruses or extract PII.
- In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Site and Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
- Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Your Rights Under the EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
- Right of Access: you have the right to be informed of, and request access to, the Personal Information we process about you.
- Right to Rectification: you have the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: you have the right to have the Company delete your Personal Information.
- Right to Restrict: you have the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your Personal Information.
- Right to Object: you have the right to object to us processing your Personal Information on grounds relating to your particular situation or for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Data Portability: you have the right to request a copy of your Personal Information in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service.
- Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making: you have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
Collection of Your Personal Information
IFPA is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all personal information collected through this website and our Services. We may collect information from you (directly or through third-party vendors we retain) or from a third party who is authorized by you or otherwise permitted by the applicable law to share information with us (for example, your school or employer) in situations such as the following:
- Website visit. When you provide information during a login process when you access certain portions of our website, when you ask us to provide more information when you purchase online, or in connection with any online employment applications.
- When you create an account on our Site, make a purchase, register, or log in to access or use functions or features.
- All Communications via the website, phone, email, LiveChat, social media, etc.
- Online Learning Platforms. When you use our Services, information about your grades and scores, instructor feedback and comment, your personal learning behaviors, and various metrics related to your learning of subject matters is recorded.
- Surveys and Research. If you participate in our research studies about our products or the industries and professions, we support our market research surveys or programs.
- Engagement in our newsletters.
- Social Media. If you use or interact with our Services on social media and networking pages and applications, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and all others.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions. When you enter a contest or sweepstake or respond to a promotion.
If you use our Services through a third party, please contact that third party first if you have any questions about the data, they collect from you and share with us. If they do not address your concerns, please contact us.
We will request only the information we need to provide the highest level of service to you. On some pages of the Site, you can order products, make requests, enter sweepstakes, and register to receive materials. The types of Personal Data collected on these pages include:
Personal Data that you give us:
- Phone number
- Company Information
- Email address
- Credit/Debit Card Information
- Ethnic Background
- Sexual Orientation
- Birth Date
- Highest Level of Education
Personal Data we collect from you:
- Purchase information
- Payments due
- IFPA Certifications information
- Disciplinary information
Our Site logs IP addresses and browser types for the purposes of system administration and user functionality. These logs will be analyzed to improve the value of the materials available on our website. User sessions and user browsing behaviors may be tracked. We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website. We also may collect browser type, device type (such as desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.), operating system, and local time zone. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Use of Your Personal Information
- IFPA uses your Personal Information to deliver the services you have requested. IFPA also uses your Personal Information to inform you of discount offers, and other products or services available.
- IFPA uses Personal Information to maintain the quality of the services and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the IFPA website.
- IFPA does NOT sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
- IFPA keeps track of the web pages our customers visit within the IFPA website to determine what IFPA services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within IFPA to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject matter.
- IFPA may use your Personal Information to contact you or provide customer, technical, or other support.
- IFPA will only disclose your Personal Information, and may do so without notice if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on IFPA or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of IFPA; and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of IFPA products or property, or to protect the public.
Additional Information Regarding Other Laws and Individual Rights
Your privacy may be impacted differently depending on where you live.
Please send us a message to [email protected]