The Nutrition For Young Athletes provides trainers with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to develop safe and effective nutrition prescriptions for young athletes as well as weight management, supplementation, fueling and hydration protocols!
The Nutrition For Young Athletes continuing education course provides trainers with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to design practical and effective nutrition prescriptions for maximal performance of young athletes.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learn how to fuel young athletes safely
- Learn how to develop meal planning for young athletes
- Learn how to customize meals for all ages
- Learn the challenges athletes face with their nutrition planning such as fluctuating lunchtimes, demanding schedules, travel, and lack of sleep
- Know the importance of balanced daily nutrition
- Know how to use nutrition to develop sports performance
- Know how to identify eating disorders and disordered eating
- Know Solid-fuel and Liquid-fuel recipes
- Understand the versatility of sound nutritional planning and eating
- Understand how to use nutrition for day-to-day healthy growth
- Understand how to break down barriers to eating
- Understand the most popular supplements and how to effectively use supplements and supplementation
- 50 question (multiple choice, open book) CEU Exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (recommended, but not required)