Senior Fitness Specialist
Printed book: $575 (US shipping only. For international shipping please contact us.)
The IFPA Senior Fitness Specialist is designed to teach the essentials fundamentals for training seniors in health and fitness. This revolutionary program provides the training techniques and safety guidelines that can be applied to all senior fitness training programs. Successful students are expected to be capable of leading senior adult individuals and group-training sessions while providing safe and effective training consultation, coaching and motivation.
The Senior Fitness Specialist describes the physical changes and other factors such as motor coordination, and motor control and how the body ages throughout a lifespan. This course addresses health, exercise and cognitive function as well as health-related expectation for older adults. This certification will give you the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to train seniors safely and effectively, and most importantly; improve their quality of life.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learn the special needs of older adults
- Learn to train the over 70 million adults over the age of 50 safely and effectively
- Learn the new research that indicates regular exercise is essential to improving and maintaining the quality of one’s life
- Learn the essential information fitness professionals need to know to provide older adults with safe and effective fitness programs from the physiology of aging to the techniques and tools for motivating and communicating with older adults
- Learn the precise knowledge, skills and abilities needed by Personal Trainers, Activity Directors, Health Educators and Fitness Facility Managers to train people 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 years old and beyond
- Learn how to help seniors to live longer, healthier and happier lives
- Understand how to train for flexibility
- Understand how to develop training systems and techniques
- Understand advanced training strategies
- Understand types of detraining
- Understand the effect of muscle action type
- Know the physiology of aging
- Know the physical changes in structure, capacity and endurance
- Know the restrictions to exercise due to aging
- Know how to motivate older adults
- Know how to communicate with older adults
CERTIFICATION PACKAGE CONTENTS
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- CPR/First Aid Certified highly recommended, but not required.
Please note: You have six months to complete this course, from the date of registration to your final exam. If you have not taken your final exam within that time, the course will be closed. A refund will not be provided.