The Sports Conditioning Specialist: Tennis continuing education course is designed to further the knowledge of all fitness professionals with an emphasis in tennis specific sports conditioning . Its sole purpose is to further your professional education in tennis sports conditioning program design. This is not a certification course. It is an educational program to be used by all fitness professionals striving to raise their level of professionalism.
The Sports Conditioning Specialist: Tennis provides conditioning programs, workout routines, and exercises for players to improve their fitness and their game. This course will benefit players of all ages and ability levels, and is a great resource for coaches and teaching professionals. Tennis is the number TWO participatory sport in the USA. After golf, there are more affluent people participating in tennis than any other sport. Tennis players are willing to do anything and pay anything to improve their game. Personal Trainers have the potential for unlimited income when they gain the expertise only the IFPA Tennis Conditioning Specialist continuing education course can provide.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learn how tennis specific, functional training will take your tennis player performance to a higher level
- Learn the 17 Tennis Specific Fitness Tests to access your tennis player s conditioning needs
- Learn Tennis Specific flexibility exercises to optimizing range of motion (ROM) and reduce the risk of injury with 21 tennis specific stretches
- Learn to build a solid power base for tennis performance with more than 50 strength training exercises and workouts
- Learn to maximize stamina and endurance even during the longest tennis match
- Know Tennis specific conditioning program to increase Aerobic Endurance
- Know Tennis specific conditioning program to increase Anaerobic Endurance
- Know Tennis specific conditioning program to increase Agility
- Know Tennis specific conditioning program to increase Power
- Know Tennis specific conditioning program to increase Speed
- Understand how to train your players to win with more competitiveness, speed and intensity with 18 sport-specific drills
- Understand how to set and meet your tennis players’ goals with a safe, effective and realistic, yet challenging blueprint for improvement
- Understand how to customize your tennis players’ program design with the help of some training and workout schedule and proven training program prescriptions
- Understand how to avoid common tennis-related problems such as heat illness and injuries to the shoulders, elbow, waist, back, trunk and knees
- Understand how to develop the most well conditioned tennis player to develop the best tennis player
- Study Guide
- 25 question (multiple choice, open book) CEU Exam
- Practical Essay (open book) CEU Exam
- It is highly recommended to facilitate effective program design to incorporate the Sports Conditioning Specialist prior to the specialty sports, however it is not required.
- CPR/First Aid Certified