The Youth Fitness Certification is designed to teach trainers the basic concepts and principles that are essential to developing safe and effective fitness training programs for children, teens and young adults. Successful students are expected to be capable of leading one-on-one fitness training sessions that address the goals and objectives of the child/teen/young adult being trained, while providing safe and effective training consultation, coaching and motivation.
Currently one-in-three adults in the U.S. are classified obese. While this is a very alarming statistic, what is far, far worse is the fact that one-in-four children in the U.S. are now classified as obese. You can imagine the dire consequences physically, mentally, emotionally, socially and spiritually to a group of children growing up in a environment almost totally void of physical activity. It should be easy to imagine the medical and health problems they will be facing as adults. It may not be easy to imagine the lack of success they will experience in their careers, their social life, and their love life. Our Youth Fitness Certification is also designed to provide trainers with the best conditioning programs and exercise prescriptions for young athletes aspiring to reach their full potential.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Learn how to design safe and effective strength training programs for all major muscle groups and the 16 different sports
- Learn the critically important lesson for training young athletes by giving them useful, practical guidance for creating a positive athletic experience
- Learn how to accelerate athletic development in young athletes by using the better, smarter training protocols that can be used at any age to maximize athletic potential (this course specifically ages 5-19)
- Learn how to design and develop safe and effective training programs for young athletes
- Learn how to train young athletes to develop significant muscle mass, strength and power, beginning at age seven
- Know all aspects of strength training for children
- Know the growth and development physiology for children
- Know how to develop and administer a strength training program for children
- Know how to design individualized strength training programs for children
- Know how to teach ideal techniques in strength training programs for children
- Understand the truth and current research on strength training for children and dispel the myth that “Children should not life weights!!!”
- Understand all the stages of athletic development for young athletes
- Understand how to train your young athletes to excel in competition
- Understand correct techniques and injury prevention for young athletes
- Understand age-specific strength training programs for young athletes
CERTIFICATION PACKAGE CONTENTS
- Study Guide
- 100 question (multiple choice, open book) certification exam
- You will receive the links to the course materials and exam within 24-48hrs of purchase.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (not mandatory, but highly recommended)
- Personal Fitness Trainer Certified (not mandatory, but highly recommended)